SEO Tips for Google.
We all know how big Google are.They are still the most popular search engine, and they’re still on the rise. forever expanding into new markets.You may have read in the news about various takeovers and mergers. from music streaming , video publishing, and artificial intelligence.They certainly have they’re fingers in a lot of pies.
It’s important to know how to effectively use your seo knowledge to improve in Google.. It is also important, however, to remember that Google is not the only search engine out there. for instance
Search engine Market share in December 2014
Before we can really understand Google we must understand a bit of the history behind Google. In the beginning, Google was considered by many to be the “Geek’s Search Engine.” This changed quickly Google started delivering better and more accurate results. Google slowly evolved into the most trusted search engine around, but Yahoo!’s advertising strength and popular usage has still claimed a large number of users. It wasn’t all that long ago when Yahoo! was the most popular search engine.
Google’s search engine was thought to be based on PageRank, a complex algorithm that was revolutionary when it was invented. This page rank may be the reason that Google is so popular. The Page Ranking technology that Google has created and the evolutionary steps that Google has taken to increase the strength of its algorithm has made it a search engine giant which actually sets out to protect internet users from fraudulent web sites. Google has come to be a search engine that cannot really be tricked. Or at least quick to quash underhanded tactics. Basically, Google checks the number of links to each site in its database, and treats them as ‘votes’. Here are some tips on getting ranked high on Google:
1.The more quality incoming links you have, the better your chances are of climbing up those pages. Good links are ones that are relevant to your own page and link with text that makes it obvious that they intended to link to your site.
for example, i recently set up a review site for a particular kitchen gadget ,linked to amazon for sales. now when I’m building my links, or back linking, i link to relevant sites and blogs around this niche.it makes it more relevant. it would be pointless commenting on a fashion or sport blog as they are in no way connected. And google knows this.
Google has also recently integrated a new piece into its algorithm which makes old links better than new links. In Google’s opinion, if a link holds the test of time it is has to be relevant or else both parties would have removed the link after not seeing any positive action by Google. Basically, this is another one of Google’s “keeper of integrity” options that have become so famous among SEOs.
2. Links from ‘authority’ sites, such as educational or non-profit organisations, tend to produce better results than links from commercial sites. Google likes to decide what sites are important. A site has some huge credential for being a spectacular source for quality information will be appreciated more than sites that don’t have such strong affiliations with quality work and content. This will result in stronger, more heavily weighted links to and from this site.
3. on site seo to consider for Google are the title (including the strongest keyword phrase), the meta description (Google displays this to its users) and the body text (it needs to be highly-focused and use keywords well), as well as your onsite navigation.
4. Make sure that Google can spider the whole site easily. You’ll probably want to have plain links to every page on your site at the bottom of each of your pages. Always add a sitemap.
Don’t forget, though, that Google is strict about ‘cheaters’ who use unethical SEO techniques. Here are some things that Google hates.if found, (eventually you will be) you could risk a drop in rankings or certain add accounts being banned.
1. Getting lots of ‘shadow domains’ that all point to one site.
2. Using doorway pages.
3. Using falsified WHOIS information.
4. Sites that are “fake” search engines or spyware.
Google Facts and Fiction.
Google has an article on its site called ‘Google Facts and Fiction’. For example:
Fiction: Advertising on Google affects my rankings in the search results.
Fact: Advertising with Google neither helps (nor hurts!) a site’s rankings on Google.
Fiction: Sites that are not HTML are not included in Google’s index
Fact: Google is and does index as many file formats as possible, however there are some that it cannot index. File types Google is able index include: pdf, asp, jsp, hdml, shtml, xml, cfm, doc, xls, ppt, rtf, wks, lwp, wri, swf.
Everyone who wants to optimise for Google should take the time to know how to utilise the tools they offer to help your site rank. such as webmaster tools. before the last update i received an email telling me certain failures that id need to get fixed before the update. Very handy.